Summary Description Of Position
Reports directly to V/P Production of Operations. Maintain schedule, budgetary control, and high quality standards of all aspects within the assigned hangar.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Ten (10) years or more years experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, including five (5) years in management capacity of increasing responsibility.
- Proficient in the interpretation of blueprints, technical orders, test equipment used in the work described above, and various aircraft components and systems.
- Must hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must have working knowledge of 757 aircraft and winglet modification experience.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Implement Company Operating Principles.
- Interface with New Business Development.
- Work in partnership with company departments to interface and provide assistance in reaching common goals.
- Interface with customers to meet common objectives.
- Develop and implement aircraft delivery schedules.
- Develop manpower and man-hour forecast.
- Maintain schedule, budgetary control, and high quality standards of all aspects within the assigned hangar.
- Planning, directing and coordinating activities within assigned hangar, and coordinating activities with other departments, as required.
- Monitor industry trends and developments.
- Provide training and assistance to personnel in proper work procures and practices.
- Maintain hangar equipment and tools in serviceable condition.
- Ensure the inspection of tools/tooling and calibration procedures are followed.
- Maintain the hangar and ramp premises are within company procedures and standards.
- Ensure personnel are performing at the level of company standards.
- Ensure Tool and FOD control procedures are maintained.
- Ensure training of personnel while monitoring the training provided is up to company standards and performance.
- The Program Manager may delegate any or all duties to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the Program Manager of overall responsibility.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocol related to the possible exposure to dust, body fluids, radiation, chemicals, fumes, vapors, or mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee.
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocols related to handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of fall protection requirements.
- Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent loud/high noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to have depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus- to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Ability to have visual discrimination to recognize quality as well as defects.