Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for negotiating for purchase or requisitioned items, and following-up on and expediting purchase orders for raw materials, parts, equipment, tooling, services, supplies, and subcontracting required for completion of contracts.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience and/or training in aircraft.
- Ability to use MS office products (i.e., Excel and Word).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Place orders at most economical prices consistent with quality, quantity, delivery data, special services required, government regulations and past performance of vendor.
- Perform preliminary investigations of new sources of supply, follow-up on deliveries, handle adjustments and claims, authorize and arrange for the return of rejected material to vendors; arrange for interviews between company and vendor representatives.
- Secure final commitment on delivery date which will meet specified delivery schedule.
- Inform requisitioners of the status of purchase orders and provide information as far in advance as possible when deliveries will be delayed for any cause.
- Aid in the solution of problems arising between vendor and any department, including outside source inspection, and act in a liaison capacity between the Company and outside production concerning problems which arise in regard top blueprints and tooling.
- Perform inside follow-up procedures required to expedite delivery of materials, tooling and engineering information to vendors.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to grasp objects utilizing fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Ability to withstand intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Ability to see close (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Ability to see distances (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.