Summary Description Of Position
Directs assigned crews in the performance of inspection, maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft and/or related equipment in assigned area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (10) years experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. UAL experience.
- Proficient in the interpretation of blueprints, technical orders, test equipment used in the work described above, and various aircraft components and systems.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate.
- Must hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant license.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Plans and supervises subordinates in the performance or inspections, maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft and/or related equipment. Performs follow-up to insure timely completion of all work assignments.
- Assures that all inspection, maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft are accomplished in accordance with applicable work orders, technical orders and maintenance directives, giving careful attention to completeness, functional checkout, and airworthiness of assigned aircraft.
- Meets budgets and production schedules, while maintaining quality and quantity work standards.
- Maintains safety, good housekeeping and discipline according to established company polices and practices.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Hanger Manager.
And Environmental Conditions
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocol related to the possible exposure to dust, body fluids, radiation, chemicals, fumes, vapors, or mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee.
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocols related to handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of fall protection requirements.
- Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent loud/high noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to have depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus- to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Ability to have visual discrimination to recognize quality as well as defects.