SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSTIION:
This position reports directly to the Quality Manager on all matters concerning the operation of the Quality Control and inspection systems.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post HS education or equivalent with FAA Aircraft & Powerplant license.
- Three (3) years in supervisory positions of increasing responsibility in Quality and/or maintenance.
- Three (3) years in an inspection capacity.
- Ability to obtain specific NDI Certifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITEIS AND DUTIES
- Assist; supervise all inspection personnel assigned to the Quality Department. Assure all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is returned to service and that inspection records, reports; and forms used by the Repair Station are correctly executed.
- Manage the collection and repair orders and inspection forms pertaining to articles processed at the repair station.
- Assure that inspector’s activities are in compliance with repair manuals, service bulletins, Airworthiness Directives.
- Ability to use a computer for extended period of time.
- Ability to climb, walk and crawl in confined spaces.
- Correctable vision to 20/20.
- Ability to visually discriminate quality from defective workmanship.